Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's a Date!!

So I have a date!  April 13th!! 

They had their review board meeting on Thursday so after impatiently waiting for a call I called them instead Friday before lunch.  I was a little dissapointed that it was 2 weeks into April but apparently the surgeon thinks he needs some time off to take a trip with his family or some nonsense like that.  I guess he doesn't understand that I am not patient!!  :o) 

I have my preop appointment on the 7th.  I have to take a test to see how much I've been paying attention.  Also have to bring in all my meds that I currently take so they can see the size of them.  The goal is to not have to take meds after the surgery.  A large majority of people never have to take their diabetes meds after the surgery.  I have a few others though that will continue for awhile like my cholesterol pills and my oh so important happy pills as we like to call them.  So we have to make sure they are small enough for me to take.

I'm very excited!

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting Lori! It will be fun to watch your transformation, better get your camera ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! My RNY is on the 11th . . .coming up FAST. My pre-op labs and consent signing is tomorrow also. Good luck!!

    findingmywayatlast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete