Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Have Flown Across The Atlantic More Than 30 Times In The Last Year.

True or False.  This was one of my questions on my psych exam today.  Really?  What does this have to do with my psyche? 
I had my last appointment with the psychologist today, another requirement down!  I had to see her twice and then take a psychological examination.  There were 125 questions, all true or false.  Most designed to see how you feel about yourself.  T/F:  I hate looking in a mirror.  Then there were the “what is your support system” type of questions…T/F:  I have no one in my life that supports my decision.  Pretty simple easy questions.  There were a few questions thrown in there that made me laugh like, “I am not telling the truth when I answer these questions”  It made me giggle cause if I wasn’t telling the truth by then, why would I start just because it asked me?  Oh and that question popped up about 5 times.
I have to say I wasn’t really looking forward to seeing a “shrink”.  Never really been my thing.  But having done it, it wasn’t that bad.  It was kind of nice to sit and talk to someone that had no knowledge of me or my family and didn’t already have preconceived judgments.  I think I’ll definitely keep her card around in case I feel like I just need to sit and talk again.
So the good news is, I don’t appear to be crazy!!  Well she didn’t say that in those words but I gleaned it from our conversation!  She did say that she thought I was an excellent candidate and really felt I was going to do well with this surgery.  That felt good to hear. 
Not much more left to do but to lose that pesky 5%, but on a positive note…..I’m down 5lb’s this week!!WooHoo!!  6 more to go!  ( I was off 1 lb when I thought I only had 10 to lose)  Doesn’t matter!  5lb’s is awesome!  Off to hit the elliptical!!

No comments:

Post a Comment