Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm Still Here!

Been so busy I haven't posted lately.  Nothing much new going on.  Went to my nutrition appointment a week ago and was up 3lb's!  I hadn't been bad that week but I hadn't been good either.  Make sense?  It was right after lunch and I was feeling particularly bloaty that day, but still I gained 3lb's and I have noone to blame but myself.  And get back on track!  So I did better, cut wayyyyy down on carbs and weighed myself this week and down 5lb's!!  Very happy about that.  So 4 more to go until we can submit for insurance approval. 

Here's the thing, since I didn't lose it all by last week, I'll be looking at a March surgery now.  Not only does it depend on insurance approval, something I'm not worried about, but you also have to pass the bariatric review board.  They meet the 3rd week of the month and discuss the potential cases.  The intake coordinator, the nutritionist and the surgeons meet and decide if you are going to be a good candidate for this.  I'm not worried about this either, but the sucky part is I have to wait until the 3rd week of February until they meet next.  Not that that means I have that long to lose 4 lb's mind you, that and more is coming off!!

I'm feeling great, I have passed up many temptations that in the past I wouldn't have.  I'm using the eliptical, I still could get better at that, but I'm getting there.  I want this so much, it's not worth it to me eat crap anymore!  Oh I'm not perfect, I have a treat here and there, but I limit how much and when.  I'm really eating a lot of salads and high protiend meals.  Haven't cut carbs completely out, but reallly lowered the amount I'm taking in.

My motivation??  I have talked with Carissa about how mommy is trying to lose weight.  We've talked about how I am going to have an operation that will help mommy get skinnier too.  She's very open to it and I am careful how much I tell her.  Don't want to scare her.  She came up to me the other day, gave me a big hug and said, "Mommy, I can't wait until you are skinny and can run with me"  I can't either.

1 comment:

  1. water, water, water.. it will help with that bloating feeling and help you drop those 4 pounds... plus it helps you feel a little more full at least for a little while. =) Keep up the good work... I want you to run with me too! =)

    ReplyDelete